I don’t really like turkey or mashed potatoes. There, I’ve said it. What I do like about Thanksgiving is the reminder to stop and count our blessings. We all have so much to be thankful for, though it can be easy to focus on the negative headlines that shout at us from every direction and the mount of responsibilities we all have. So let us stop this Thursday and make a blessings list. Here is part of mine:
- a loving and supportive husband, who is a great dad to our kids
- loving, intelligent, challenging kids who surprise me every day
- a wonderful family
- strong, supportive women friends
- a warm home
- hot water
- freedom to ask questions and do my own research on issues that are important to me
- a wonderful church family lead by a pastor who inspires and challenges me every week
- that natural beauty that surrounds me in western Washington
- growth opportunities
I could go on, but it is time to start dinner for my family. I am blessed to be surrounded by loved ones and to be able to nourish them. I am also thankful that my husband does the dishes on a regular basis.
What are you thankful for this year.