Are you as ready for summer as your kids and their teacher’s are? I am! I am ready for summer adventures with the kids, fresh produce from the garden and family vacations. Before we get there though, we have two more weeks left of school. Just enough time to make or buy a thank you gift for they teachers in your life. This year my daughter and I made dandelion lotion bars and lip balm.
The lip balm recipe required considerable internet research and several trips through local and online retailers in response to a request for such a product. A special thank you to Wellness Mama for inspiration and basic recipe idea.
Tinted Lip Balm
2 T coconut oil
1 T shea butter
1/8 tsp beetroot and/or cocoa powder (combine to form your desired tint)
8-10 drops peppermint essential oil
¼ tsp vitamin E oil
- Heat a small pan of water over medium heat
- Combine the first three ingredients in a small glass container (I reserve one just for melting wax for easier clean-up) and place in the warm water
- Stir ingredients continuously with a wooden skewer until just melted
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in remaining ingredients
- Pour into small tins
- Once set, store in a cool, dry place